Makes 3 Servings (3 Burgers)
• 1 pound ground turkey
• ¼ cup minced onion
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon water
• 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
• Salt and pepper
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
1. Combine all the ingredients in a big bowl.
2. With clean hands, squeeze it together until it’s very well
3. Divide into three equal portions and form into burgers about
¾ inch (2 cm) thick.
4. Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Place over medium-high heat.
6. Cook the burgers for about 5 minutes per side until cooked
Nutritional Facts (per serving):
And here's another one...
Recipe 2: Roasted Bell Pepper Stuffed With Quinoa
- 4 Bell Peppers
- ½ Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup Carrots, grated
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach
- 1 tbsp. Dried Parsley
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Ground Cumin
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cut the top of the peppers and discard membrane and seeds. Reserved
the top for later.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Add onion and mushrooms and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add carrots, spinach and parsley. Let spinach wilt then stir in cinnamon,
cumin and cooked quinoa. Toss gently to combine.
5. Add salt, pepper and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Set aside to let filling cool
6. Divide quinoa mixture evenly among the 4 bell peppers.
Top each pepper with its reserved top then arranges them upright in a
7. Cover snugly with foil and bake for about 1 hour, checking halfway through,
until peppers are tender and juicy.
8. Transfer to plate and serve.